Mar 16, 2011

iWant an iPhone




In this new age of technology, I think it is becoming more and more necessary for someone to actually own an Iphone. And yes, I am using the word 'someone' loosely. No, I don't think it's dire for the iPhone to be in the hands of a 75 year old man, though I think a student like me could benefit from one. The internet is opening up a whole new world. I am finding that more and more of my classes rely on internet based-sited like Sakai or GoogleDocs. Because of this transition, I have to lug my computer along with me to classes every day, instead of having that luxury of opening up Safari right off my phone. If you were to ask my back, it would be in favor of an iPhone.


My phone is stuck in the stone age; it flips, it has no touch screen, and it has the battery life of an old walkman.  It does what a normal phone is supposed to do. It can make calls and it can send text messages. My argument now is that I believe phones are evolving as everything else in this world does. I think the definition itself of 'phone' is taking a new shape. With the iPhone you can leave your digital camera, book, maps, computer, GPS, phone book, calculator, notepads, word processors, and essentially anything else at home. I have resisted my desire for an iPhone for a while, but now I can say that I really want one of those damn phones. It's either that, or I'm going to start walking around campus wearing tool belt with a GPS, digital camera, phone, walky talky and more glued on. I want to be able to check my email in between classes. I want to look up the nearest restaurants. I want to get lost and actually say that my phone guided me home. Most of all, I just want to be able to play "Words With Friends" without having to be in an area with WiFi. Get me an iPhone!

2 comments:

  1. Coming from an iPhone owner YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT AND I DON'T THINK YOU WOULD REGRET THE DECISION TO JOIN THE IPHONE COMMUNITY.

    PS -- if you GLUED all those things to your tool belt, you might have a hard time actually using them conveniently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Iphone Community"?? It makes me sick how much Iphone users love the fact that they own Iphones.

    Maggie....I've seen families of 4 go out to eat at a restaurant, sit on their respective Iphones the entire time, and text/surf the web/ do anything but talk to their family members. It is pretty disgusting actually.

    Do you want to turn into one of these people?!?!

    ReplyDelete