Feb 9, 2013

GWS Introduction

Hello everyone! My name is Margaret MacDonald, but you can all just call me Maggie. I am a Senior here at URI studying Journalism. If all goes well, I will be graduating this spring – yikes! Despite the four years of Spanish that I took in high school, I can only speak English. I have been fortunate enough to have taken quite a few Women’s Studies classes over the years. I have taken WMS 150, Women’s Professional Development, Women in Health, and WMS 351. (I have the sense that I am missing some – the numbers eventually just start to blend together.)  After a diversity of Women’s Studies classes, I am a proud self-proclaimed feminist. I am taking this course because I have found WMS classes to be a healthy diversion from my journalism classes. They are all so completely relevant and the classes make me think about important topics and information that I need to be thinking about. Ah, and now for the hard questions. In my spare time I like to do Yoga, nap, and read. My favorite musician is Taylor Swift. Picking a favorite movie is tough. When asked, my answer is usually a movie that I have just watched. That being said, my favorite movie is Silver Linings Playbook. When it comes to TV shows, I’ll pretty much watch anything besides that new show ‘Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Child’. My favorite website to waste time on is Pinterest. I could spend hours upon hours on Pinterest pinning. Another website I spend too much time on is YouTube. Sadly, most of the time I am only watching videos of things like funny dogs and animals. So, I think it is only appropriate if I post a video of some funny dogs sliding down a hill. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLKMliEub4c

No comments:

Post a Comment